BITUMAT AQUASHIELD BX heavy duty general purpose emulsion coating is a brush applied, clay stabilised, jointless bitumen waterproofing compound. BITUMAT AQUASHIELD BX is specially formulated to provide high water vapour permeability with very high resistance to re-emulsification upon long term contact with water.
1. Thoroughly clean all surfaces to be coated with BITUMAT AQUASHIELD BX.
2. Repair any damaged or cracked substrate.
3. Prepare porous surfaces by priming BITUMAT AQUASHIELD BX diluted 50:50 with water. Treat, friable surfaces with BITUFAST Primer. Allow to dry before application of coating.
4. Stir BITUMAT AQUASHIELD BX well prior to application.
General waterproofing. Can be used on a wide variety of surfaces including concrete, brick, bitumen & mastic asphalt membranes, asbestos cement, slates, tiles, lead, copper, zinc, corrugated iron and similar surfaces.
Lining water tanks, etc. Apply on its own or with an open weave glass mesh.
1. Apply at the rate of 1.33 litre/m2 by soft brush or broom to damp (not wet) or dry surfaces.
2. Application is eased by dampening before and during use.
3. Allow first coat to dry. Then apply the second coat at the same rate of 1.33 litre/m2 . This coat is applied at right angles to the first.
4. For reinforcement and additional flexibility, an open weave glass mesh may be incorporated on top of the uncured first coat and under the second coat of BITUMAT AQUASHIELD BX.
5. Keep tools in water during use. Clean with water when wet, with white spirit when dry.
6.Protect from frost and rain until fully cured
Fire - Non-flammable when wet.
Skin - Avoid repeated or prolonged skin contamination. Remove with water when wet or with a hand cleaner when dry.
Eyes - No special precautions required. But if eyes become contaminated, irrigate them with copious amounts of clean water.
Store BITUMAT AQUASHIELD BX under cover, at temperatures between 5°C and 40°C. Stored correctly in an unopened containers, a shelf life of 12 months can be expected. Storage must be frost free.
Exceeds requirements of ASTM D 1227 87 type III. Meets Singapore Standard 133:1987 type III.
Bitumat was founded in 1984 but its roots go back to 1975 when the founders became involved in the roofing waterproofing industry as dealer and applicator in Saudi Arabia for a major manufacturer from the U.S.A.
© 2020 www.bitumat.com-ACT, All rights reserved. AI